Pink Ribbons, Inc. DVD
While the pink ribbons campaign has done a lot to raise awareness about breast cancer, this film uncovers the real truth behind it all. You might be shocked to discover some of the questionable companies involved in the campaign, where your money goes and how little is spent on prevention and natural therapies. It's a well-produced and must watch film!
FORMAT: DVD - Region Free
RUNNING TIME: 98 Minutes
RETAIL: $24.99 USD
PRICE: $19.99 USD
SALE PRICE: $19.99
You might be shocked to discover some of the questionable companies involved in the campaign, where your money goes, and how little is spent on prevention and natural therapies. It's a well produced and must watch film! "
- James Colquhoun, Producer/Director "Food Matters" & "Hungry For Change"
Why You Should Watch This Film
Pink Ribbons, Inc. shows how the devastating reality of breast cancer has become clouded by a shiny, pink story of success. It's time to face the facts about "pink" product marketing and start saving lives with solid prevention programs, more research into natural therapies and access to solid information on nutrition instead.
What You'll Discover In This Film
- Who really benefits from pink-washing.
- The disconnect between research and results.
- How breast-cancer research is poorly coordinated and favors drug companies.
- How breast cancer fundraising may boost corporate profits and brand awareness more than it benefits people with the disease.
- The fact that it raises millions of dollars for the cause, yet prevention in highly underfunded and breast cancer rates keep rising.
- That many companies profiting from these campaigns may actually be contributing to the breast cancer by selling known carcinogens.
- Why so many women feel alienated by an approach which can be seen as a "tyranny of cheerfulness".
About Pink Ribbons Inc.
Pink ribbons, they're everywhere: t-shirts, hats, yogurt cups, KFC buckets, car ads, NFL stadiums...the list goes on and on. They make us feel good, as if we're all engaged in a successful battle against breast cancer.
But who is really benefiting? After all, more and more women are diagnosed with breast cancer every year. Maybe it's the companies who wrap their products in pink to gain our admiration and money. Then wouldn't it be something if some of the very companies that profit from their pink marketing campaigns have actually contributed to the breast cancer epidemic by selling known carcinogens?
Pink Ribbons, Inc. goes inside the story to reveal those who have co-opted what marketing experts have labeled a "dream cause."
- Dr. Samantha King (author of Pink Ribbons, Inc.: Breast Cancer and the Politics of Philanthropy)
- Barbara Brenner (of Breast Cancer Action)
- Barbara Ehrenreich author/activist (Nickel and Dimed)
- Nancy Brinker (of Susan G. Komen for the Cure)
- Dr. Susan Love, advocate/surgeon
WHAT OTHERS ARE SAYING
- "Critic's pick! Uncannily prescient and enduringly timely."- The Washington Post
- "Debunks the 'comfortable lies' and corporate doublespeak that permeate the breast cancer movement/industry."- Variety
- "Revelatory. Deserves to be seen."- The New York Times
- "This could be the most important documentary of the year. Forget that: of the decade."- Trust Movies
- "Powerful... Enlightening."- Time Out New York
- "Shocking and enraging...yet very entertaining."- San Francisco Bay Guardian
- "Provocative. Argues persuasively that much of what we're currently doing to fight breast cancer is feel-good nonsense or worse."- The Hollywood Reporter
- "A stinging indictment and trenchant critique of breast cancer 'culture'."- Los Angeles Times
Previous Customer Reviews
SHIPPING AND RETURN POLICYOur warehouse is located in Chicago, IL (USA). All orders placed before 2pm CST ship out the same day Monday through Friday. Select products, including juicers, ship from partner facilities. We use the following shipping methods to deliver your order to the desired address:
Please double-check your address carefully when placing an order, we do not issue refunds or reship orders where addresses have been incorrectly entered upon ordering.
USA Domestic shippingUSPS First Class Domestic (STANDARD MAIL) - Starting at $4.95 for standard shipping to anywhere within the United States. Shipping charge will increase with additional items and for heavier items such as books and food products. Orders containing a Juicer are shipped FREE of charge. Orders shipped out using this method take within 5-10 business days to arrive.
UPS Ground with Tracking - Starting at $7.95 for standard shipping to anywhere within the United States. This price will increase with additional items and depending on weight of items. Orders shipped out using this method take within 3-7 business days to arrive.
International ShippingUSPS First Class International - $9.95 for standard shipping. This price will increase with additional items and depending on weight of items. Orders shipped out using this method take 7-14+ business days for delivery to Asia, Canada, Europe, and the Pacific. Some countries due to tight customs regulations may take up to 21-30 business days for delivery. Please note this shipping method cannot be tracked.
USPS Express International with Tracking - $29.95 for a standard order. This price will increase with additional items and depending on weight of items. Orders shipped out using this method take 3-7 business days for delivery to Canada and Europe, Asia and Pacific. This option is not available for orders containing some products.
Where is my package?Occasionally, packages are returned to us as undeliverable. When the carrier returns an undeliverable package to us, we issue a full refund (including shipping charges). We are unable to reship orders that are returned to us as undeliverable. If you suspect your order cannot be delivered as addressed and you have not received confirmation of its return or refund after 4 weeks from the estimated delivery date, please contact us.
Thank you for choosing Food Matters, we hope you're feeling better for it!
What others are saying
|GL7QPink Ribbons Inc DVD|